Business, Finance & Investments
These are subscription databases available in the library or 24/7 to CLPL cardholders. To connect from home, have your Crystal Lake Public Library card barcode number ready.
|DemographicsNow: Business & People - Get detailed demographic and consumer buying information to help with business planning and marketing. Can create custom demographic market reports, find sales leads, evaluate local markets, build and export custom lists based on geography or business/household types.|
|Encyclopedia of Associations - Searchable directory of national organizations in the US|
|Morningstar - Get information on stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs as well as company information and market overviews.|
|Online Resources Gateway - access to business databases|
|Record Information Services (Illinois Public Records) - Find listings of new residents and new businesses to create mailing lists. (Click here if inside CLPL)|
Reference USA - Search for contacts for mailing lists or sales leads
|Small Business Resource Center - Learn how to start, finance, or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how-to guides, articles and websites.|
- Ask the Business Librarian - If you have a business reference question, you can make an appointment with the Library's business librarian to meet one-on-one for help. Call 815.526.5155 for more information.
- Business Equipment available for checkout
- Get a Business Library Card - Any business located within the Crystal Lake city limits is eligible for a Library card. For more information, call 815.459.1687, x120.
- New business books
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Business Portal
- McHenry County Economic Development Corporation
- SCORE Fox Valley chapter - free one-on-one business counseling available
- Shah Center for Corporate Training and Illinois Small Business Development Center (MCC) - free one-on-one business counseling available
- Small Business Administration
- Small business tools (includes how to create a business plan)
- Guide to "Starting a new business"
- Morningstar - This is a subscription database available in the library or 24/7 to CLPL cardholders. To connect from home, have your Crystal Lake Library Card barcode number ready.
- Federal Reserve
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Google Finance
- Historical Stock Quotes (Big Charts)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Treasury Direct
- Yahoo! Finance