It's that time again. Crystal Lake Public Library has a limited amount of tax forms. We will put out more forms as the federal and state governments make them available to us. Taxes are due April 15.
- Tax Resources @ CLPL
- Federal IRS - Forms & Publications
- The IRS offers a way to file or e-file your Federal tax return for free
- Illinois Dept. of Revenue - Forms & Publications
- Free tax preparation of Individual incomes less than $50,000 is available at McHenry County College. Click here to learn more about the MCC Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic.
- You may also visit the Algonquin Township website for information on additional tax preparation services, or AARP Tax-Aide to find an AARP tax assistance location near you.
- Individuals may also find answers to their questions through the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
National Poetry Month
Roses are red, violets are blue. This rhyme is tired, check out something new (like the Library's Annual Poetry Night on Tuesday, April 29 @ 7:00 pm):
- Poetry @ CLPL
- Find new poets to enjoy, or re-read an old favorite with the Academy of American Poets.
- Visit Chicago's Poetry Foundation…online or in person.
- Get your daily dose of poetry with Poetry 180 - a new poem for every day of the year.
- Want to become a poet? Writer's Digest offers these tips to get you started.
- Learn more about Crystal Lake Public Library's Annual Poetry Contest, and our Poetry Night here.
Autism Awareness Month
According to the Centers for Disease Control, about 1 in 88 children has been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). During this Autism Awareness Month of April, learn more about autism and issues within the autism community.
- Autism Resources @ CLPL
- The Northern Illinois Center for Autism (NICA) provides resources for families.
- Join the McHenry County Autism Group for help and support.
- Develop your child's potential with the Alexander Leigh Center for Autism.
- The Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) group connects families with health care professionals and offers other valuable information.
Go Fly a Kite!
It's finally spring, so reclaim the outdoors and enjoy the great sport of kite flying!
- Kites @ CLPL
- Visit the National Kite Month web site for information on kiting, local events, teacher resources, and more.
- Learn about the different types of kites and how they fly with NASA.
- Fly a kite with the Crystal Lake Park District.
- Let's go fly a kite (up to the highest height)...