Tax season is coming. Please note, Crystal Lake Public Library currently has 2014 tax forms on order. We will put them out as the state & federal governments make them available to us.
- Tax resources @ CLPL
- Federal IRS - Forms & Publications
- Federal: Free Filing & e-Filing
- State: Illinois Dept. of Revenue - Forms & Publications
- Get help with low-income individual tax returns at Algonquin Township and McHenry County College.
New Year, New You
Resolutions & Change @ CLPL Happy 2015! Start the new year off right with these tips on forming and keeping your New Year's resolution.
- Resolutions & Change @ CLPL
- Starting a New Year's resolution? Keep it simple with these tips from Real Simple magazine.
- Want to start a New Year's resolution but don't know what to choose? Try one of these popular New Year's Resolutions - USA.gov.
- Check out some light-hearted New Year's Resolutions from NewYearFestival.com.
- Financial tips to be more fiscally responsible in the new year, from Cleveland.com
- The American Psychological Association offers tips on how to keep your New Year's resolutions all year long.
Debut of the Euro--January 4, 1999
Has the euro really been around 15 years? Learn more about its impact in Europe and the global economy.
- European Commission - The euro in the world.
- Which countries use the euro?
- An explanation of the European economy
- Use the XE.com exchange rate to discover how much your dollars are worth in euros (or any other currency).
Where are oil prices going and why?
Learn a little more about current trends and what they will mean to us in the future.
- Oil information @ CLPL
- Find out what's happening to oil prices with the Boston Globe.
- A simple guide to the sudden collapse in oil prices, from The Washington Post.
- Discover how falling prices could affect the bigger economic picture - NPR
- Compare current local and national gas prices with Gasbuddy.com