Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare")
Health care reform changes from the Affordable Care Act are coming in 2014. Sign up began October 1. Coverage begins January 1, 2014.
- Get Covered Illinois - Start here to get information and sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Need help getting started? Find local assistance and information here.
- Healthcare.gov is the official site to get information and sign up for health insurance in the marketplace.
- Visit the McHenry County Health Department's Affordable Care Act page to make an appointment with an in-person counselor as part of the "Enroll McHenry County" initiative.
- The Small Business Administration's website offers information on the ACA for small business owners.
- Medicare recipients, get more information about the ACA here.
In charge of your family's holiday celebration? Don't call for takeout! Instead, check out these handy tips for setting a gorgeous table, cooking for a crowd, and even how to do it all on a budget.
- Holiday cooking @ CLPL
- Get fresh ideas on holiday entertaining from Real Simple
- Find the perfect recipe at Foodnetwork.com
- HGTV shares tips to decorate and host the perfect party
- Got a crowd to feed? Allrecipes.com has you covered
- New Year's is just around the corner. Start planning with help from evite.com
Just because winter's here doesn't mean you're stuck indoors! Get out and enjoy the season by hitting the slopes or lacing up your ice skates. Not a snow bunny? Hit the virtual slopes with a winter sports-themed video game!
- Winter sports @ CLPL
- Browse a list of Illinois ski resorts courtesy of skicentral.com
- The McHenry County Illinois Convention & Visitor Bureau has a list of winter festivals and events to check out
- Strap on your skates and take the family ice skating - ChicagoParent.com
- Pay a visit to the Raging Buffalo Snowboard Ski Park
- Or take your pick of sledding hills in McHenry County
Holiday Stress: Ways to Cope
Breathe in...breathe out...and try some of these stress busters. CLPL wishes everyone a happy and healthy holiday season.
- Stress management @ CLPL
- "10 Common Holiday Stresses and How to Cope with Them" from Psychology Today
- The Mayo Clinic offers helpful tips on dealing with holiday stress
- So does the Cleveland Clinic
- Chill out with USA Today's list of holiday stress busters
- When all else fails, grab the hot cocoa and curl up by the fireplace