- Hiking @ CLPL
- Participate in the American Hiking Society's 2015 National Trails Day.
- Everytrail.com provides information on some of the "best hiking trails in Illinois".
- Stay safe with hiking tips from Americanhiking.org.
- The Illinois Department of Natural Resources offers a list of northeastern Illinois trails.
Mother's Day is May 10. Crystal Lake Public Library wishes all mothers and moms-to-be a very happy Mother's Day.
- Mother's Day @ CLPL
- Impress Mom with your knowledge of the history behind her special day.
- Gifts.com can help you find the perfect Mother's Day gift.
- Moms-to-be, here are some special ways you can celebrate Mother's Day.
- Get the scoop on Mother's Day at MothersDayCelebration.com.
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Here's your quick guide to the exciting world of hockey and its ultimate prize, the Stanley Cup.
- Hockey @ CLPL
- Keep up to date with the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Experience hockey through the decades courtesy of the Digital Public Library of America.
- Check out hockey in Crystal Lake.
- Learn more about the Chicago Blackhawks.
National BBQ Month
May is National Barbecue Month! Fire up the grill and celebrate with recipes, tips, and ideas.
- BBQ @ CLPL
- Kingsford.com offers tips for perfect grilling.
- Check out these heart-healthy recipes and ideas from the American Heart Association.
- Food & Wine offers lots of mouth-watering summer grilling recipes.
- Ensure your favorite grill lasts for years with tips from Bob Vila.