Tax season is coming. Please note, Crystal Lake Public Library currently has 2014 tax forms on order. We will put them out as the state & federal governments make them available to us.
- Tax resources @ CLPL
- Federal IRS - Forms & Publications
- Federal: Free Filing & e-Filing
- State: Illinois Dept. of Revenue - Forms & Publications
- Get help with low-income individual tax returns at Algonquin Township and McHenry County College.
- Valentine's Day @ CLPL
- The History Channel offers a look at the history behind Valentine's Day.
- Valentine's Day activities and traditions for the entire family courtesy of Family Education.com and AhaParenting.com.
- Visit AllRecipes.com and find special recipes for your special someone.
- Celebrate your love of nature on Valentine's Day with the Prairieview Education Center.
National Wear Red Day - February 6
According to the American Heart Association, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke each year. Consider helping to raise awareness by wearing red on February 6th--the American Heart Association's "National Wear Red Day."
- Heart Awareness @ CLPL
- Get the facts on heart disease from the Center for Disease Control.
- The Mayo Clinic lists some heart disease symptoms you should be aware of.
- Visit WebMD's Stroke Center for ways to prevent stroke.
- 10 tips to help fight heart disease from the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women campaign.
Chinese New Year
This year, Chinese New Year is February 19. Read about the celebration's age-old traditions, activities and special foods.
- Chinese New Year @ CLPL
- Learn more about the history and traditions of Chinese New Year - ChineseNewYear.Info
- Get decorating tips and recipes from Martha Stewart.
- Pinterest offers hundreds of Chinese New Year crafts for kids.
- 2015 is the Year of the Goat. Learn more about the Chinese lunar calander with ChinaHighlights.com